Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year, New You... by Heather Clark





We hear it every year, new year, new me…We set these goals to be faster, lose weight, become successful, and so forth. My question is always why… why do we wait for a new year to finally decide the changes we want to make and see happen in our lives? Is pointing out our flaws really a good way to start our year?

I personally don’t believe New Years day should be different than any other day. Don’t get offended with me, as I don’t mean to steal your joy or excitement for the New Year! I love holidays as much as everyone else, in fact any reason to get together with friends and laugh I’m all for. But how often do we set our New Year’s resolutions and then fail after a couple months? It happens all the time because without a serious mental breakthrough they will never work. You see it’s more than just saying and writing on your calendar your goals. We have to address the underlying issue.

For example, if you’re into double cheeseburgers on the regular basis and you want to quit fast food going into the New Year… you have to figure out why it is you order the cheeseburgers in the first place and go from there. I guess what I’m saying is; is that we should turn away from old resolutions and focus on going into the New Year with a new mindset or attitude that will allow us to make better choices. Stop being so harsh on ourselves and writing these long-to-do lists of what needs to change, and start doing things that feel right for us and our lives.

This year lets not get so caught up in all our bad that we forget all the areas in which we’re good. New Year resolutions are not meant to focus on our flaws but rather to keep improving. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year, and remember this life is a gift from God!


2017 here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment