Monday, April 7, 2014

Divine Mentor: The Ultimate Sacrifice-Hannah- by: Debbie McGrath

Today's reading from the Divine Mentor Plan:
1 Samuel, 1- 2; Psalm 66; 2 Corinthians 7

As I was reading this morning, I couldn't get past the first two chapters of Samuel.
Hannah's actions leave me in awe - what an Incredible Woman of God!!

Verse that got my attention:
1 Samuel 2:2
There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God

As Hannah is turning over her very young son to the Lord, she praises God!
Hannah did not boast about her own actions of giving up her son.  Her focus was on God - her worship came from the heart and was saturated with the joy of the Lord. Hannah is truly a Godly Woman!!
What I admire in Hannah and desire for myself:


1.  She went straight to the Lord with her problems.
2.  She believed God would hear and answer her prayer.
3.  She knew children were a gift from God.
4.  She was obedient - she freely gave her child back to God.
5.  She knew the Word of God.
6. She knew God was in control.
7.  Her focus was on Christ!




No comments:

Post a Comment