Friday, April 25, 2014

Divine Mentor - What Will History say About YOU? by: Laila Wahba, PHD

Numbers 26. 8-12 
And the sons of Pallu:Eliab. The sons of Eliab:Nemuel, Dathan, and Abiram. These are the Dathan and Abiram, chosen from the congregation, who contended against Moses and Aaron in the company of Korah, when they contended against the Lord and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, when the fire devoured 250 men, and they became a warning. But the sons of Korah did not die.

Numbers 26. 60
And to Aaron were born Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. But Nadab and Abihu died when they offered unauthorized fire before the Lord.

Proverbs 22.1
A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches,
and favor is better than silver or gold.


Isn’t it amazing that thousands of years later, we read what these people did?
 Every time their names are mentioned, the same thing is said about them. WOW!

This makes me think, what will history say about me? 
When people speak about me what will they say? 
Even if you have made mistakes, as long as you are still in the flesh, you can still change what others will say about you many years from now. 
Will they say,”She is the one who left her husband and children for another man? She is an adulteress.” or will they say ,” In spite of having a difficult marriage, she did not want to leave her husband and her kids because she believes that the marriage covenant is till death do us part”? 
Will they say,”Though she was in dire need, she never stole, lied or embezzled”? or will they say, “She is a liar and a thief”?

How will history remember you?
We have become so sensitized to sin- yes, I know we do not hear this word much nowadays- that we feel it ’normal’ , or even our right to do like the world does: have affairs, lie, steal, revenge, unforgiveness.

Just the other day, a born again Christian woman was trying to convince me that since her sister is a widow, it is her right to live with a man without marriage. “They are both consenting adults”, she said.When this comes from an unbeliever, I would understand it, but coming from a believer shocked me. “This is called fornication. It was never right and never will be”.”I don’t want to judge them”, she said. “Neither do I, but we need to call sin by its name. 

God has the door of repentance open for them. Jesus died for them. He will receive them with open arms when they repent. I am not judging them, but we need to call sin….SIN”. How will we be light and salt to the world if we act, think, speak  and look the same? 

Yet, we need to be careful not to turn into hypocritical pricks, into Pharisees, who judge others and accuse them, making us feel ‘holier than thou’.
 Jesus is our role model. He loved sinners, he attracted sinners, they felt comfortable around Him; they felt accepted; they knew that the door of forgiveness was open to them.Yet they knew where His stance was concerning sin. It is a fine line between a saint who attracts sinners to Christ, and a prick who drives others away from Jesus. 

Watching sin, should bring us to our knees, saying like Paul in Romans 9.1-3, "I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit— that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh”.

Oh Jesus, I pray today that you would give me YOUR eyes, YOUR heart, YOUR emotions, YOUR ears to see and hear and talk and feel to those around me.
I pray that You would always make me hear clearly and obey Your voice when you tell me 
Isaiah 30.21
And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left


No comments:

Post a Comment