Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Going to Church - Is it Important? by Debbie McGrath


June 14, 2014

This past week, I was having lunch with two girlfriends, whom I would consider Christians. We were talking about church and one of my friends says, "I am going to retirement church."Immediately I asked, "What is retirement church?"

I quickly learned that retirement church is when you stay home and watch church online.  Both of my friends, were now staying home and watching church services online.  I asked them - what happened-you both used to be so active in church?

 Answer/Excuse:  When we go to church all we do is sit down, listen to message and then go home.  We can do the same thing at home.  


I quickly responded with there is nothing like singing worship music with other believers. Personally, I can't wait to get to church, meet new people and see my friends.  


When you read the New Testament it is obvious Paul was a believer in the local church - meeting of believers. I also know that Beth Moore makes it a point to be at her home church on Sunday mornings.


The Bible is very clear about meeting with other followers of Christ.

Hebrews 10:24-25: And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward the love and good deeds.  Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

From my own experience, I went thru a time of not going to church and my walk with Christ went backwards quickly.


What would your walk with Christ be if you didn't attend church?


God expects us to meet with others believers:

to serve, to care for others, to pray for leaders, to teach others, to give and in some cases to die for the sake of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment