Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Divine Mentor: Pray for Boldness: by Debbie McGrath

Todays Reading: June 10, 2014
 Song of Solomon: 1-4, Ephesians 6

When I was reading, Ephesians 6:20 really stuck out to me.

S: Paul says: 
Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should.

Observation of the Scriptures: 
Paul is in prison writing an encouraging letter to the believers at Ephesus.
Even though Paul was chained to a guard 24/7, he was more interested in the well-being of others than himself. Paul encourages them to pray at all times for each other.

Application:  
Amazing that Paul was so single-minded in His walk with God that He did not even ask others to pray for his release, comfort or safety.  He asked them to pray for the effectiveness of his witness and ministry.  Paul even asked for prayer to be bold for Christ.  If Paul prayed for boldness in his witness, how much more do I need this prayer.

Prayer:  Like Paul, I pray the exact same prayer.  That I may speak the gospel without hesitation and boldness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment