Monday, August 4, 2014

Do Not Be Afraid by Teresa Houle

Scripture: John 6:20 ..."I am here! Do not be afraid"

Observation: Jesus had just fed 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish and his disciples were waiting for him to come down from the hills. As darkness fell, they decided to get in the boat and head back to Capernaum when the sea grew very rough and they became afraid.

Application: This scripture was without a doubt a word from God today as I was extremely overwhelmed with anxiety as I prepared for my first day on the phones at my new job.  As I went for a run shortly after reading this scripture, a thought came to me of how Jesus must have felt as he anticipated being hung on the cross.  What I was facing was no where even close to comparison! I was reminded that God brought me to this job; therefore, He will equip me with the knowledge that I need to succeed in it and to not worry because He is with me every step of the way.

Prayer:  Dear God, thank you for speaking to me today and for reassuring me that you are with me always. That you for the opportunity to also share your words with a co-worker as well to help calm her nerves. Help me to continue to share you word with others. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment