Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Divine Mentor: Becoming Good Soil

February 25, 2015

Numbers 17-18, Psalms 29 and Mark 4


Today's reading allowed The Holy Spirit to give me 2 verses.
Scripture :

Mark 4:18-19 HCSB

Others are sown among thorns; these are the ones who hear the word, but the worries  of this age,  the seduction     of wealth,  and the desires  for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.


Objective:
This verse is to remind us that we must not be sown of thorns. It reminds me that I was once in the thorns. I believed in God and His power through fear of His wrath not understanding His love. I prayed for things to manifest in my life and when He blessed me I squandered those blessings by giving into my worries about money and the welfare of my family. Though He still continued to provide my needs my life didn't bear fruit. In order to be fruitful we must become and remain good soil.


Application:
Being good fruitful soil is living a life of consistent obedience. We must be obedient and remember that God has more to offer us than fear. God wants to only have a loving relationship with us but we must remember there are consequences for our disobedience. Just as those of us that are parents want to give our children everything, God wants to do the same. Now do we not hold our children accountable well so does our Heavenly Father. I will apply this verse to my life by remembering that when things don't go my way continue to praise Him and get excited with anticipation. Most of all let's keep our soil good.


Prayer:
Lord, I ask that you continue to love me in my imperfection and continue to provide me with the strength to be a vessel for your light to shine. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Scripture:
Psalms 29:11 HCSB
The Lord gives His people strength; the Lord blesses His people with peace.


Objective:
When we submit and commit our lives to Jesus we are given the gift of The Holy Spirit to provide us with the strength to not succumb to the things that are displeasing to Jesus. It is through that strength alone with The Living Word of God that we receive and find our peace.


Application:
The application of this verse isn't easy but it is simple. Trust, obedience and consistency is the key.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for The Holy Spirit and your living word. I ask for your continued patience as I work to not listen to my flesh but to become more grounded in the spirit. In Jesus ' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment