Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Divine Mentor: God's Plan

February 24, 2015
Today’s Reading: Numbers 14-16  and Mark 3

Scripture:
Numbers 14:41
“Why are you going against the Lord’s command? It won’t succeed.”

Objective:
This verse is to let us know that when we go against what the Lord has commanded us to do, our plans will not be successful.  I can look back at many decisions I made on my own that “seemed” to be the best plan and they ultimately failed because they were not God’s plan.  God wants us to listen to His voice not our own or anyone else’s.

Application:
Though I have worked hard to not only follow the written commands of the Lord but also the daily, weekly or monthly tasks he gives me through the Holy Spirit I still find myself disregarding those things.  Sometimes it is unintentional and sometimes intentional because I may allow the circumstances or another individual to dictate how I listen to His word.  This verse reminds me of how there is no other way to live my life other than God’s plan.

Prayer:

Lord I pray that you continue to forgive me when I make unintentional and intentional decisions on my own.  I pray that you continue to provide me the strength to hear only your voice and use your voice as a beacon in my life. In Jesus’ name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment