Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday & Easter

Today marks one of the saddest and yet happiest days in history. Over 1200 years ago,  Jesus who IS the Son of God was crucified on a cross for our sins. 

To me, that is the greatest love and gift I have ever been given in my life. God sent his son to die for us. Can you actually imagine that? The love one can have for another to do such an amazing thing! 

Jesus died for all of us so that we may have a way to heaven. What a blessing! Thank you Jesus!

I am so grateful to be able to be a child of the one and only King! Aren't you?

It says in John 10:17-18, "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life - only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." 

How powerful is that statement? Jesus knew what was going to happen to him. He even cried out tears of blood to God because of this but he still wanted to do this so that we may have life. Once he was crucified and took his last breathe, he called out to his Father and said in Luke 23:46, "Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last." 

Then in Matthew 27:51-52 it says, "At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life." 

That gives me chills! These words are the truth and are from God himself! 

Jesus was resurrected on the third day and is alive today! 

"The Spirit of God who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you." -Romans 8:11

On the What Christians Want To Know site Crystal McDowell breaks down what Easter stands for and I wanted to share it with you. What does EASTER stand for in your life? 

E - Easter Eggs

“‘Don’t be alarmed,’ he said. ‘You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him’” (Mark 16:6).

A- Abstinence of Material Comforts

“But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” (Matthew 6:17-18).

S- Sunday Worship

"Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts” (Acts 2:46).

T- Togetherness of Family

“There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you” (Deuteronomy 12:7).

E- Entrance of Spring

“Then God said, ‘Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.’ And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good” (Genesis 1:11-12).

R- Resurrection of Christ

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade” (1 Peter 1:3-4).

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/why-easter-is-so-special-to-me/#ixzz43x9mESGd


Jesus is ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment