Tuesday, March 8, 2016

15 Prayers Every Christian Should Pray by Sarah from Ask in the Desert


How do you pray? Do you find it hard to pray during the ups and downs of life? I think we all have moments like that, as we are not perfect. I feel that this list of prayers is a good helping tool for anyone who is in need.

God is always listening. He may seem quiet at times but he never leaves us. He is always present in our lives and is always working on the good things for us. So if you are unsure what to pray during this time in your life or maybe you do not know how to say what is in your mind, find the list below. I pray that this list will help you.

1.     Let me boast in what you have done for me NOT what I think I’ve done for you.
2.     Help me to see the fullness of my sin so that I might seek the fullness of your love, knowing you alone can save.
3.     Lord, my heart longs for control, I want only for me. Change my desires Lord so that my will would be yours. 
4.   Give my soul a mirror, that I might see who I really am, not who I believe myself to be.
5.   Give me the strength to resist unbelief.
6.     Teach me to surrender to your plans, instead of imposing my plans upon you.
7.     Teach me to see your glory in everything around me, and let me appreciate what you have made.
8.     Let me understand a little bit more of your love every day.
9.     Turn my sinful anger into empathy and understanding.
10. Turn my apathy towards sin into righteous anger.
11. Let my life show how much love you have for your people.
12. Let me live today, for today. Not worrying my soul, trying to control the world around me to a degree that is sinful.
13. Teach me to trust you, in every part of my life. Not just the parts that are convenient to me.
14. Let me know your true character, not be fooled by only seeing “what I want to see” in you.
15. Let my soul feel the depth of what you did for me on the cross, and in your resurrection.



No comments:

Post a Comment