Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Divine Mentor: Best Example

August 4, 2015

Today’s Reading
2 Kings 22
2 Chronicles 34
John 6

Scripture: John 6:11 (HCSB)
Then Jesus took the loaves, and after giving thanks He distributed them to those who were seated—so also with the fish, as much as they wanted.
Objective:
Jesus leads by example, by giving thanks for the food before distributing it. The miracle that He performs – He does it, yet He still gives thanks to God.  This is another example of how Jesus never forgets the true power of God.  Jesus humbles Himself to the will of God.  Though god has empowered Jesus He still continues to show us no matter how high God elevates us we must not forget to thank God. 
Application:
We are to apply this example to our daily routine especially since God expects it. Just as it is written in Psalm 95:2 and 100:4. If Jesus could remain humble who are we to have pride and arrogance? Everything we have and everything we are comes from God.
Prayer:

Lord, I come to broken. I ask that you continue to build me according to your will. I pray that I remember to enter every day and everything with thanksgiving. I thank you for the ability the walk the you desire for me; to be there for my family and friends; and most of all thank you for your son Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment