Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Divine Mentor : Gift of The Holy Spirit

Today's Reading
2 Kings 23
2 Chronicles 35
John 7

Scripture :  John 7:38
The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said,   will have streams of living water flow from deep within him.

Objective :
Jesus wants us to know by our belief in Him we will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit empowers us to tap into the endless powers of God. The many streams of living water is how we are able to touch others along with being able to drink from the living waters of God.

Application :
We must be mindful of our words and actions. As Christians we the ability to share the Gospel and change lives. With that comes great responsibility because a nonbeliver can judge Jesus through the example we provide.

Prayer :
Lord I come to you broken. I ask that you build me according to your will that is pleasing to you. Thank you for the gift of The Holy Spirit. Please continue to give me the strength to always have a thirst for your Word when this earthly realm attempts to steal my time. In Jesus' name Amen.

Today at work the Holy Spirit gave me a very simple quote to write on the dry erase board I keep on my desk to share whatever He gives me. Now that quote doesn't seem so simple. This is what I wrote:
"We are walking billboards. What is your billboard saying?"
Obedience to the Holy Spirit brings great enlightenment and a life full of glorious confirmations.

No comments:

Post a Comment