Monday, November 18, 2013

Divine Mentor: Distractions by Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading: PSALM 124 and 2 CORINTHIANS 11-13

Spending time in God's Word every day can be challenging - thanks to Satan and many distractions we face each day. This morning, I got up with the best intention to spend time with my Father. But instead of going straight to the Word - I checked a few emails.  Of course there was an email that required immediate attention.  Next, my 4 dogs decided it was time to go out and be fed.  While my dogs were outside,  I checked my Facebook.  While looking at everyone's post it hit me -- I am so distracted!!!  

I only have so much time in the morning to spend in the Word and I must be singled-minded.  The Holy Spirit convicted my heart and I immediately closed my computer and ask God to keep me focused.

2 Corinthians 13:5 says Jesus Christ is in YOU!!  I love this verse.  Wow - Jesus is in me!!  When I read this, I knew Jesus was waiting on me this morning - He had something to tell me- He wanted to bless me thru His Word.  

I know as a mother, when I don't get to speak to my daughter - I really miss her.  It is no different for my Father, Creator in Heaven - when I don't spend time with Him - his heart weeps.  

I encourage you to spend time with God today.  Our God sits at the throne - waiting to bless us and share His truth's with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment