Monday, November 4, 2013

Divine Mentor-Taking a Risk- by: Debbie McGrath

Today's reading: 
Job 26, 27, Mark 15, 16

The passage that God used to speak to me this morning was Mark 15:43

S:  Joseph of Arimathea a prominent member of the Sanhedrin who was himself looking forward to the kingdom of God came and boldly went into Pilate and asked for Jesus body.

Observation: When Jesus died, some were still mocking him. Others were weeping. The disciples fled in fear.  The women were around but fearful. Some became new believers when they witnessed the death of Christ.   Joseph of Arimathea was there and knew that the Jesus body could not hang overnight and it was time to bury his body.

 Taking a huge risk,  Joseph went to Pilate and asked for Jesus body.  By doing this, he was risking his reputation, his position and possibly his life.  To play it safe, he could of walked away but he didn't.  

By stepping up to bury Jesus, he was admitting the Jesus was Lord of his life.  

Joseph was single minded, submissive and obedient to God's will.
 He stepped out of his comfort zone and did the extraordinary. 
He put Christ first in his life and took a risk.  
He sacrificed a very expensive tomb.  

Application:  No matter what comes my way this week - I want to be like Joseph of Arimathea:
Single minded
submissive
servant attitude
sacrificial

Prayer:  Lord transform my thoughts, my desires, my relationships, and the very purpose for which I live.  Lord reproduce the mind of Christ in me!



No comments:

Post a Comment