Friday, November 15, 2013

Divine Mentor- Whatever It Takes?

Job 41-42; II Corinthians 1-2

Scripture: Job 42:5 " I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eyes see You."

Observation: Knowing about God and knowing God are vastly different. Sometimes, although not always, it takes an upheaval of our lives for us to truly see who we are and who God is. Job loved the God he knew, but at the end of his story he knew the God he loved.

Application: I often pray for myself and those I love that God will protect them, heal them, keep them safe. I may even ask for prosperity and success.  What if  God could reveal Himself more deeply and intimately through the very circumstances from which I am asking Him to keep them? Or me?

Prayer: Lord, I ask for my children, brothers and sisters, grandchildren, all those I love most that You would reveal Yourself intimately to each of them, no matter what it takes. I pray the same for myself. Thank You, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment