Friday, November 8, 2013

Divine Mentor- It's Not About Smart

Job 33; I Corinthians 1-3

Scripture: I Cor. 2:2 " For I am determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Observation: Paul says later in verse 5 that our faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. So often we seek out the most " eloquent" speakers, the most " intellectual" writers, the most "dynamic" personalities. We forget that there is only one story worth telling,  one truth-- Jesus Christ was crucified, died, buried, and rose again - and He changed my life.

Application: Today I will remember that nothing in this world is of eternal significance except Jesus and Him crucified. This is my reason for living. Only what is done for Christ will last.

Prayer: Lord, keep me today from being caught up in what the world sees as important. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment