Thursday, October 24, 2013

Divine Mentor: God's Will: By: Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading: Job 16, Acts 21-23(Oct. 25)

Lately, I have been busier than ever.  All the things I do are good - and I have questioned myself - should I be doing all these good things?  Many times at the end of the day, I am exhausted.

I exhaust myself - thinking about everything I have to do.(this is totally relying on myself and not God)

These passages about Paul really spoke to me about God's Will for my life.
Paul's friends begged him not to go to Jerusalem.  They knew he would be in danger and possibly lose his life. Paul knew God's will for his life was to go to Jerusalem and he was obedient.

Paul is a great mentor to me:  Thru these verses, I learned lessons about God's Will for my life:

1.  What matters is God's will for me not what others think I should do.

2.  Spiritual focus is to be vertical.

3.  Spend time in the WORD and listen for the Lord to speak.

4.  To realize God's Will -- may not be what I want.

5.  Do not settle for merely knowing His Will - Do it, in His strength and for His 
     glory.

6.  Surrender to God's Will - be Obedient!

No comments:

Post a Comment