Friday, October 11, 2013

Divine Mentor: Rebuild Your Lives - by: Laila Wahba,PHD


Rebuilding the Walls
Nehemiah 3

I find the sequence of the gates built very interesting. It is not by chance that they built the gates in this order, but I think that this is the sequence we need to rebuild our lives too.
  1. They rebuilt the Sheep Gate: we always need to start rebuilding with the Lamb of God, Jesus, if we want to rebuild our lives and make sure it will be secure. If we start anywhere else, the building will surely fall down... our lives will crumble at the first wind, the first problem, the first sickness, the first broken relationship, the first hurt.
  2. The Fish Gate; the symbol of the Cross of Jesus. This is why many Christians choose to put a fish on their bumpers, but let us put the Cross..not on our necks or bumpers but in our hearts that Jesus might reign; that the Cross might always keep us humble and pleasing to God.
  3. The Old Gate: Revisit the old things in your life and clean them by the Blood of the Jesus, the blood, the sign that we have a blood covenant with God and nothing can separate us.
  4. The Valley Gate: Build the deep pits in my character that no one knows about but me. Let Jesus fill my guilt, my shame, my sin, my unbelief, my shortcomings, my shaky knees, my relationships, my sorrows, my fears, my discontent, and I can go on and on... let Jesus fill the Valleys with His Love, forgiveness, freedom, appreciation, encouragement and redemption.
  5. The Dung Gate: Get deeper to the dirtier, darker areas in my life. Amazing how God reveals our shortcomings little by little. He gets deeper and deeper into our souls and does a deeeeep, deeeep cleansing that no one else can do. And although He sees the dung in my life, yet all the while He is loving me, and encouraging me, and helping me...and when He does get rid of the dirt, He applauds me as if I have done it on my own. PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME, MY SWEET SWEET JESUS.
  6. The Fountain Gate: Now comes the washing, the cleansing. Now I am refreshed by the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit.
  7. The Water gate; More and more cleansing. 
  8. The Horse Gate: Now comes victory. Go charging on telling others about your new found love: Jesus.
  9. Inspection Gate: Re examine your life, and start all over with the Sheep Gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment