Saturday, October 5, 2013

Divine Mentor: Contentment by Laila Wahba


Contentment

Esther 2:9
And the young woman pleased him and won his favor. And he quickly provided 
her with her cosmetics and her portion of food, and with seven chosen 
young women from the king's palace, and advanced her and her young 
women to the best place in the harem. Esther 2:13 when the young woman
 went in to the king in this way, she was given whatever she desired to 
take with her from the harem to the king's palace.
Esther 2:15 When the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail 
the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his own daughter, 
to go in to the king,she asked for nothing except what Hegai the 
king's eunuch, who had charge of the women, advised. 
Now Esther was winning favor in the eyes of all who saw her.

What a great opportunity for any woman: to get whatever she desires, and 
probably get to keep it even if she does not become queen. But Esther was so 
content with what was given to her, not asking for what she might have thought 
to be her right; not taking more out of fear of not becoming the queen. She did 
not think of taking more to ensure her future in case she lost the beauty 
contest. Her contentment won her not only a kingdom, but also the favor of 
many..of everyone who dealt with her which would later be in her favor, since 
people did know her in her poverty and before she had any queenly power. She 
realized that Hegai would know much better than anyone what the King liked, so 
she trusted his judgement even if it meant getting smaller jewelry or a color 
she did not like too much.
This made me think: am I content with God's choice for me? To tell you the 
truth, not always. Am I content that I am in a transitional period waiting with 
many uncertainties? Do I trust God's choices for me knowing that He knows best? 
Hmmmm sometimes..
Lord, I pray for contentment today, for contentment brings blessings far beyond 
what I would choose for myself.
Let me be satisfied with what You choose to give me, because You, Lord know 
best.
Laila Wahba

No comments:

Post a Comment