Friday, October 11, 2013

Divine Mentor: Will you stoop to serve the Lord? by: Laila Wahba, PhD


Nehemiah 3:5

And next to them the Tekoites repaired, but their nobles would not stoop to serve their Lord.

After hundreds of years, we read about the nobles who would not stoop.
After hundreds of years, another Noble, another King, another Master stooped to serve fallen mankind. Jesus stooped to wash our feet.

How will our lives read many years from now? How will people talk about us?
will you stoop to serve your God who stooped so low for you? as low as a slave? who became sin for you? 

How low am I willing to stoop? Our natural body tells me to elevate myself, to appear much bigger and much more important than my reality. Stoop? no way. 
Jesus, You who stooped for me- a sinner, I stoop in front of you. Help me be willing to stoop however low, to bring others to know you. Help me not think too much of myself. May I be willing to diminish so that You might increase for by being proud, no one whom I know will get to know you. Lord, forgive me if at times, I am the stumbling block, I am the casue that others do not want to meet you because.  I am not stooping enough to lift them up.

Lord, I give you all my pride Help me stoop... and be proud of it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment