Sunday, October 20, 2013

Divine Mentor- Only God has The Power

Job 6-8; Acts 12
Scripture: Job 6:13 " Do I have any power to help myself now that success has been driven from me?"

Observation: Isn't this how we think? We look at our successes: financial independence, obedient and independent children, job security, possessions, health and fitness, etc. and we are so proud of our ability to achieve. We say, "God has truly blessed me." Then something happens and these are "taken from us". So we say exactly what Job is saying: The successes in my life for which I worked so hard have been taken from me-  how can I fix it?

Application: Only when we truly understand that God is our power will we experience the success that can never be driven from us.

Prayer: O God, today I surrender my right to be successful in the eyes of those around me. I desire only an intimate relationship with You. I give up my desire to control the future. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment