Thursday, October 3, 2013

Divine Mentor: Who Am I? by Debbie McGrath

Today's reading: Ezra 5-6, Psalm 138, Luke 16

As I spend time in the God's word tonight, I am refreshed. God's Word fills me like a tall glass of water in the desert. When I miss my time in the Word - I am empty, selfish and malnourished.

Love what I read in Ezra 5:11 - The workers of the temple were confronted by the Persian appointed governor. He asked the workers - Who are you?? Love this response: - We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth.  

When I read this, I had to ask myself -would others say that I am a servant of the God of heaven and earth by my actions or the words I speak.  Do my actions prove that I put Christ first and others second in my life?  Do the words I use everyday represent the fruit of the spirit?

As I question myself - I know that my priority is to implant the Word of God in my heart. God's word gives me wisdom and direction for my life. When I put God first, others will know whom I serve.

That is my prayer -that no one would question me when I say: I am the servant of the God of heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment