Monday, October 7, 2013

What Matters Most

Today’s Reading
Ezra 7 & 8
Luke 20

The one thing I have found to be true since I have begun to journal is when God wants me to know something it will jump off the pages.  Today I received two messages that my heart needed to hear.

Luke 20:34-38
Jesus told them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.  But those who are counted worthy to take part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage.  For they cannot die anymore, because they are like angels and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.  Moses even indicated in the passage about the burning bush that the dead are raised, where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jabob. He is not God of the dead but of the living, because all are living to Him.” (HCSB)

I occasionally think about what my earthly relationships will be like in the Kingdom of God.  The question that the Sadducees asked Jesus about the woman with seven husbands provided an answer for me today.  They wanted to know which of her seven husbands will be her husband in the Kingdom of God. 
Jesus is telling us that once we enter the Kingdom of God we are all his children making us brothers and sisters.  There will be no need for any other relationships.  We are here on earth to do what is required of us according to God so that we can be with Him when the time comes.  That is why Luke 20:38 is so important, “He is not God of the dead but of the living, because all are living to Him.”  We must believe that Jesus died for us and rose from the dead 3 days later, understand that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, be biblically baptized to be born again, and build a relationship with Christ to be considered alive.  As believers we must not concern ourselves with who God will raise from the dead because those that haven’t accepted Jesus as the only way will not be born again so they are not the living. 

Please continue to show me patience and mercy as I continue to live under Your Grace.  I am alive because Jesus saved me and I am grateful for that sacrifice every day. Please continue to help me to remember there is no relationship more important than my relationship with Christ.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Ezra 7:28
…I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was on me…

This is what God wants us to always remember; that we are empowered through His strength.  Daily we should be courageous.  When we encounter situations or even people that fear shows its ugly face in, we are to be courageous not because we can handle anything but because we can handle everything with God.

I must remember that because I am touched by God nothing or no one can ever cause me any real injury.  I must move forward with courage.  No matter how large or small God is with me.


Please continue to show me patience and mercy as I continue to live under Your Grace. I want to always be courageous in all my daily activities and especially my challenges.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment