Monday, October 7, 2013

Divine Mentor- Prepare My Heart Daily

Ezra 7-8; Luke 20

Scripture: Ezra 7:10 " For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the Law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach statutes and ordinances in Israel. "

Observation: The world would tell us to prepare our minds, but God desires our hearts. Because his heart was in tune with God, he was able to hear what God was saying to him. He was then willing not only to do it but to teach it to others.

Application : How do I prepare my heart? For years I tried to do it with Sunday morning worship, a Bible Study during the week, and a quick devotional in the morning ( or before bed if I forgot that morning or was running late). Now He is showing me that it is vital that I rise early every morning so that He can prepare my heart for the day. God' s word is new and specific each morning for what I am to learn, to do, and to teach.

Prayer: O God, my heart desires to hear You as my day begins. This day belongs to You. What have You planned for me this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment