Saturday, October 5, 2013

Divine Mentor: Follow Me?? by Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading: Esther 3-8, Luke 18

Even though I know the story of Esther, God teaches me new things every time I read the story.
I love the part when she fasted and prayed before she rushed in to speak to the King.
She went to God first and sought His direction.  She waited on God's timing - Esther was wise.

When I got to Luke 18:22 - the Lord says: then come and follow me.

I thought about what it really meant to follow me.  It is more than a salvation prayer!
I made a list of what I believe it means to Follow the Lord:
 I am sure when you read this, you will think of many other ways to follow Christ.

Follow Me:
To saturate my mind in the Word.
To trust God.
To turn from Sin.
To have a heart change.
To lose my life.
To abandon my safety/security.
To leave my comfort zone.
To die to self wants.
To realize Christ controls everything.
To realize Christ is in charge.
To learn to wait on the Lord.
To give beyond my ability.
To be grateful in all circumstances.
To see an urgency in sharing the gospel.
To give myself to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment