Friday, February 14, 2014

Divine Mentor - King of Glory by Deena Serafin

Divine Mentor reading: Leviticus 23-24; Psalm 24; Acts 21

Scripture: Psalm 24:8a " Who is this King of Glory?"

Observation: If you grew up in the church, you probably memorized the 23rd Psalm: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." There are many times in my life when I have desperately needed this Shepherd, who gives me everything I need, protects me, feeds me, restores my soul; however, it is the 24th Psalm that excites me! I cannot read it without picturing Jesus, coming again to be crowned King of Glory by all--- every knee bowing, every tongue confessing that Jesus, Lord of all, is our King of Glory!!

Application: The 24th Psalm reminds me today to focus on Who He is, not what He has done for me or what I need from Him now. Praise Him for Who He is, for if He had done nothing for me except die and live again, that would have been enough.  This life is short and temporary-- the best is yet to come!

Prayer: My King of Glory, I am overwhelmed today by Your greatness. I don't know what is in store for me today, but I begin the day with great anticipation and enthusiasm, knowing that You are my King of Glory! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment