Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Divine Mentor- The Saddest Verse in Scripture. by Deena Serafin

DM Reading: Numbers 5-6; Psalm 22; Acts 26

Scripture: Acts 26:28 "Then Agrippa said to Paul, 'You almost persuade me to be a Christian.'"

Observation: This is one of the saddest verses in all of Scripture. We grieve when a loved one dies; however, when that loved one is a believer, we rejoice in the midst of our sadness. In the case of King Agrippa, this confession would haunt him in death. Does he now continually cry out for a "second chance"? I don't know exactly what Hell is like, but I can't imagine that even flames would be worse than remembering when you were "almost persuaded" and turned your back on Jesus.  There are no second chances for those who die without Chrits, even if they "almost" believed.

Application: My story is ordinary- not dramatic like Paul's. Still, I need to tell it to anyone who will listen. I must remember, however, that it is the Holy Spirit, not the story, that persuades.

Prayer: Father, please send Your Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts of my family members who have been "almost persuaded" in the past but still do not know or follow Jesus. Get them ready to hear, once again, my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment