Friday, January 22, 2016

Here I am! God is calling YOU!

In today's bible reading the passage included Exodus 3-5 and Luke 22.

Exodus chapters 3 & 4 really spoke to me.

 In Exodus 3 we see that God speaks to Moses at Mt. Sinai thru a burning bush. God calls out to Moses and Moses replies "Here I am!' God had chosen Moses to lead his people out of Egypt. We see that Moses protested 5x's when God asked him to bring his people out of slavery. 

             Moses Protest - 5x's                                                  God's Response
1. Who Am I to do this task?                                                  I will be with you!

2. What if they don't know who you are?                              I am Who I am!

3. What if they don't believe me?                                          I will give you miracles to perform!

4. I am not good with words!                                                I will give you the Words to say!

5.  Send someone else!                                                         I will send Aaron with you!


I can so relate to Moses - God has called me to certain task even opened the door wide open and I have lame excuses why I can't do it! I have thoughts run thru my mind - this is too much work, you don't have time, your not qualified, too much money, I can do it later, etc.  My thoughts are me focused - this is so messed up!!!!

When God calls me to do something - the outcome does not depend on my ability - but upon my willingness to let God's power operate thru me. Is God calling you to do a task or even to let something go - be obedient and watch the power of God.  When you can look back on this time - you will know God has his best interest for you and you will give Him the glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment