Monday, January 18, 2016

Run the Race with Perseverance

Run the Race with Perseverance - January 18, 2016

There is a race marked out for all of us, as the author of Hebrews puts it.  We have the same finish line, the same prize, but different courses – different routes but the same goal.  The command in this verse is to “throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles” and “run with perseverance” the race marked out for us by God.  It is so important that all Christians understand their divine calling.  Until we see our days as divinely mapped out, our encounters as divine appointments, and our resources as divinely entrusted to us, we will never be used by God the way we could be.  And I have never met a Christian that didn’t, at least deep down, desire to be used by God in ways that were bigger than anything he could do on his own.
 
 
What is hindering you from persevering in the race God has marked out for you?  Any hindrance is not God-given, and must be thrown off along with all sin so that we can bring glory to God as we faithfully endure each day.

Dear Father, Please forgive me for allowing the cares of this world to creep in and hinder me in the work You have given me to do.  Give me wisdom to know what I need to throw off, and how to do it.  I want to run with perseverance, being used by You in ways that are far beyond my own strength and ability.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

adapted from Touching Lives

 

No comments:

Post a Comment