Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Too busy for God - by Debbie McGrath

Are you too busy and you need to let some things go?

This past year I have been way too busy - many times I was too busy for God.  I was too busy for my family and too busy for my friends.

Satan loves for us to be so frenetically busy, so occupied with the things of this world - that you have no time or energy left to devote to your spiritual life.  The greatest New Years Resolution you could make is to be a more active-authentic follower of Christ. My New Year's Resolution - to reset my walk with God.  Have you thought that this is the year you would make a commitment to spend every day in God's Word and in Prayer.

When was the last time you enjoyed time alone with God?  Time so good that you didn't want to leave.
The greatest thing you can do today is spend time with the Creator.  There is no substitute for being alone with God.

If you do not have time to spend time in God's Word - you need to quit something to make room.  Skip a meal, cancel a meeting, end some regular commitment, etc.

I have learned when you spend time with Jesus - you will not get what you expect - you will receive so much more!  A person in the Word of God is less consumed with themselves and more consumed with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment