Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fully Committed to God - Debbie McGrath


May 22, 2013
Today's Reading:

1 King's 8; 2 Chronicles 5; Ps. 99; Romans 3

The Verse that spoke to me:

1 King 8:61:  But your hearts must be fully committed to the Lord our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.

Observation: 
Solomon and the Israelite had just finished building the temple and his palace.
They were giving praise to God for His great mercies. Solomon was dedicating the temple to the Lord and then Solomon blessed the entire nation of Israel.

Application:
Some days - like today- I don't feel fully committed to the Lord.
Solomon was telling the Israelites your heart must be fully committed to the Lord our God. Unfortunately, when I started in the Word this morning, it felt like a duty or that I was completing my check off list. I decided not to let my feelings control my actions - so I spent time in the word talking to God. I am asking God to help me have a heart that is inclined to Him. I am believing  that God will answer my prayer in His time and in His own way.  I am grateful that I spent time with God because over and over I read that God is faithful and He will never leave me!!

Prayer:
God give me the passion I need today to be fully committed to YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you, Deb, for your honesty and transparency. I often have days when I begin my time in the Word as an item on my "list" or so that I can submit a blog entry. Isn't it amazing how God uses even our weak motivation to speak to us? That is why it is so important to spend time with Him every day. Thanks for the testimony!

    ReplyDelete