Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Books Are Balanced!

Thursday, May 23, 2013
Today's Reading: II Chronicles 6,7; Psalm 135; Romans 4

Scripture: Romans 4: 22 "And therefore ' It was accounted to him for righteousness.'"

Observation:  Paul devotes this entire chapter to the faith of Abraham. He uses the phrase "accounted to him for righteousness" three times ( vs. 3, 9, 22).  Paul is using a banking term to show that there is nothing we can do to get out of our moral and spiritual debt to a righteous and holy God. The "it" to which Paul refers is Abraham's faith. Abraham was "fully convinced" (v.21).

Application:  I understand what Paul is saying, and I believe it with my whole heart, but what do my actions say to others?  Do they see a calm assurance that I am totally reconciled to God by my faith in Him, or do they see me as someone trying to prove that I am "good enough" to win His favor?Sometimes I act as if I have a moral/spiritual "bank book" and can subtract from the debt (eliminate bad habits) while adding to the credit ( do good deeds).  Praise God that by faith I know that God has stamped my account "Paid in Full" .

Prayer: Dear Jesus, You paid it all on the cross, for me- the entire debt in full. Thank you for loving me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment