Friday, May 10, 2013

My Bottle of Tears

May 10, 2013
Today's Reading: 2Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27
Scripture: Psalm 56:8 "You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book." (MSG)

Observation:
God knows every detail of our lives, especially the difficult ones. We may get too busy for Him, but He is never too busy for us. He hurts when we hurt and rejoices when we rejoice.

Application:
When I read this, I thought about the tears that Jesus wept, and then I thought about the tears I have cried. How many of my tears are Godly tears, shed for people who don't know Him? I must admit that most of my tears have been selfish ones, cried when things in my life didn't go the way I had planned, forgetting that God's plan for my life is perfect and far beyond my understanding. Does God keep my self-cented tears as well as my Godly ones? I believe He does, because He loves me so completely.  My desire is for God to break my heart for others so that the tears that fill my bottle would not be about me.

Prayer: O God, give me a heart that sees the pain of others before my own. Lead me to guide others through their tears to rejoice in their salvation and draw closer to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment