Saturday, May 4, 2013

How is your Prayer Life? Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading:  May 4, 2013
2 Samuel 8, 9; 1 Chronicles 18, 19; Matthew 21

Loved reading about David and how faithful he was to the Lord.
His people loved the Lord as well because David loved the Lord!

The verse that spoke to me today: Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive, whatever you ask for in my name.

Observation: 
When I read this verse - it is obvious that prayer can change your life!

Application:
As I read this verse, I am immediately convicted that I pray way too little!
Even though I know that prayer is meant to be as simple and natural as breathing. I also know that God sends blessings down from heaven when we pray.  Prayer is not a duty.  Prayer is a simple, ongoing conversation with our heavenly Father that is honest and heartfelt.  If I truly realized the power of prayer - I would be praying without ceasing.  Prayer links our lives with God's exciting purposes and power!!! The best part of prayer - it brings me into a love relationship with God when I do pray.  When I pray, I realize how much I need God.  I must remember, prayer makes impossible things possible.

Prayer:  Lord, forgive me for not devoting my life to prayer - there is nothing more important!!!  Give me the discipline to pray without ceasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment