Thursday, May 16, 2013

Give back to God! Debbie McGrath

May 17, 2013
All of today's readings were incredible - so many rich verses for everyday living!!

1 Kings 2; 1 Chronicles 29; Psalm 95; 2 Thessalonians 1

God really spoke to me thru this Verse:
1 Chronicles 29:14

Everything comes from you and we have give you only what comes from your hand.

Observation:  
David acknowledges that the God of Israel owns everything.
God is sovereign over all. His name is great and glorious.  David and his people gave lavishly to the Lord.

Application:
When I give to the Lord, I only return to the Lord that which He has graciously already given to me.  This is convicting when I think of the times, I selfishly want to control my giving.  Since all things come from God, the wisest thing I can do is give back to God.  I am giving back what He has already given me and my giving should be an investment in the eternal.  When I give, I should be like David's people, give joyfully and graciously.  

Pray:
Forgive me for the times I want to be in control of my resources.  Lord, I pray that I have a heart of generosity, gratitude and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment