Friday, April 19, 2013

A Day of Praising Him!

April 19, 2013
Today's Reading: I Samuel 22; Psalm 17, 35; Matthew 6
Scripture: Ps. 35:28 "And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness and of Your praise all the day long."

Observation:
David lived a life of trust in God that is beyond my understanding. He did not have the facts of Jesus' death and resurrection, nor did he have a church filled with Christian friends. The Holy Spirit had not even come. How did he do this?

Application:
We spend far too much time analyzing, debating, reading (books written by others), and talking about "stuff" and far too little time doing what David did-- praising the Name of God and His righteousness all the day long!

Prayer:
Lord, I praise You today for who You are. I thank You that this world is in Your control, even when it looks like it is out of control. You are all I need, and my one desire is to know You and trust You.

No comments:

Post a Comment