Thursday, April 25, 2013

Do I let my emotions control me??? Debbie McGrath

We live in such a busy time and you truly have to make time to sit at the feet of Jesus.

When you do spend time with God, you will not get what you expect - you will get so much more!!

Today's Reading from Divine Mentor:
1 Samuel 30, 31, 1 Chronicles 10, Matthew 12

The verse I loved:
1 Samuel 30:8--David inquired of the Lord.

Observation:  The Amalekites had attacked David's camp in Ziklag.  The Amalekites are cowards - they attacked the camp when David and his men were gone.  They burned Ziklag and took all the wives and children captive.  David's men were so upset they wanted to kill David!

Application:  David did not react toward his men or the Amalekites in anger or bitterness.  The first thing he did was inquire of the Lord. David obviously did not let his emotions control him.  Emotions can be the number one enemy because they can easily prevent us from doing the will of God.  Out of anger, I would have immediately went and killed the Amalekites - especially if they had captured my child.  I love the example of David - David trusted God - he knew god would be able to work good things out of what appeared to be horrible.  In order to trust God we must daily renew out minds and attitudes through studying and mediating on God's Word.  David found his strength in the Lord.

Prayer:  Lord help me to inquire of you before I let my emotions control me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment