Thursday, April 11, 2013

Busyness is not godliness! Debbie McGrath


Today’s Reading: April 11, 2013
1 Samuel 11-12, 1 Chronicles 1, 2 Corinthians 11

This week has been extremely difficult to sit at the feet of Jesus. 
We moved this week into a new home and the to do list is overwhelming!!!
 I haven’t moved in 20 years and I forgot how stressful moving could be. 
There are boxes everywhere! 
I am constantly walking 4 dogs because they have not put in the fence. 
There are construction workers coming in and out all daylong.  
And on top of that, I have no Internet –
 I have to go somewhere to check my email and do ministry work.

There are so many “things” that need to be done but God reminds me that my top priority is to seek Him first.  Busyness is not godliness.  It may be a necessity, but it is an activity that will control us if we do not learn to control it.  In the midst of this chaos, I am reminded that God calls me to be still and know that I am God. 

God has blessed me with a new home – this is surely not the time to say I am too busy for God.  Because there is so much to do – I must make my time with God a priority in my life. 

I write this to encourage you and myself – today, take the time to be still, to be quiet and meditate upon His Word!!  God will surely refresh your soul!!

No comments:

Post a Comment