Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How would you describe God? Debbie McGrath

Today's Reading:
Judges 13-16, 2 Corinthians 2

Judges 13-16 talk about Samson - After watching the Bible Series, I realized Samson was totally chosen by God.  Samson had incredible strength - even though he strayed from God at the end of his life - He came back to God.

When I was reading Judges - this  verse really struck me -
Judges 13:18 - He replied "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding.

Monah - Samson's father, was visited by God himself.  Monah did not realize it was God and asked him - what is your name.  Monah wanted to know his name so he could find him later - if he had questions about raising Samson.  When Monah asked the Angel of the Lord his name - God responded - It is beyond understanding.

This is a perfect name for God - BEYOND UNDERSTANDING!!
 I love it.  If I was to describe God, I would use words like:
Holy
Savior
King of Kings
Faithful
I AM
Never Changes
Living God
Counselor
Mighty.

But If I really had to describe God - I would say beyond my understanding.
When I lay eyes on my Savior for the first time, I know, I will fall on my knees and there will be no words to describe Him.  The reason I can't describe my Lord -He is too wonderful and He is beyond my understanding!


No comments:

Post a Comment