Tuesday, April 16, 2013

For My God Is A Stronghold

Psalm 69: 16-17

"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindess in the morning, For You have been  my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness."

In this Psalm written by David, we see the anguish that David is experiencing in his life. How he is being plotted against by his enemies, not because of anything he did but because his enemies are evil. He cries out to God and asks Him to save him and to be His stronghold, his refuge, his strength.

Application: My God is a constant refuge in times of trouble and in times of plenty/blessing.  I will work to hid in the shelter of His wings, lean on His strength, remember His faithfulness, and how He cannot change.  He is powerful and strong enough to handle my mess!

Abba, Father, thank you for the suffering of these great mentors so that I can learn your character, and how I can depend on you. Thank you that You did not leave it up to me to discover this stuff on my own but You offer me Your Word.  Help me this week, especially with change coming right around the corner, to remain focused on You and to hid in the suffcient shelter of Your wings instead of getting burned when I stand outside that shelter.

Thank you Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment