Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Divine Mentor- Jesus Really Is Coming Back!

Ezekiel 42-44; Revelation 22
Scripture: Revelation 22:12. "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give everyone according to his work."

Observation: Quickly? Soon? No wonder the early Christians really thought Jesus was coming back during their lifetime. We would definitely not have said "quickly" or "soon" if we meant more than 2000 years later!

Application: I am reminded by these final words of John in the last book of the Bible that Jesus IS coming back and  that our 24 hour time does not exist for God. 2 Peter 3:9 tells us " with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." Today I want to live like the early Christians, believing that His return is imminent, because in God's timing it IS!

Prayer: Jesus, today I need You to help me keep my focus on You. Who can I tell today that You are ready and waiting to come back? Give me opportunities and a heart for people who do not know You and are not ready for Your return. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment