Thursday, September 5, 2013

Divine Mentor: Sell Myself to What??? by Hiliary Litzinger


Today's Reading: Ezekiel 22-24, Revelation 9

Verse that spoke to me:
Ezekiel 23:29
"They will deal with you in hatred and take everything you have worked for. They will leave you naked and bare, and the shame of your prostitution will be exposed."

I believe in this passage God is speaking to Ezekiel about the cities of Samaria and Jerusalem and prostituting themselves to the Assyrians. Basically they are, as I see it, giving themselves up for the things that Assyria has. It reads earlier that the cities lusted over what they had seen. Instead of giving themselves to God they went after things that have no meaning and turned away from God's ways. So God is sending the Babylonians to strip them of everything that they own and "burn them in the melting pot."

I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature. I've been dealing with my fleshly desires frequently in the past few weeks. It's been hard to follow the path of righteousness. There are sins that I have committed, in the form of the prostitution metaphor, in this passage. Recently, I've technically given myself to someone/something hoping to get something in return. Either for my benefit or my own plan, not God's plan. Reading this helped me realize that in doing that, I have opened doors for the enemy to attack me. And when committing sin you give birth to death. I know, in Christ, that is not the person that I am. I am a new creation in Christ and He is the light that shines through me. He does not leave us bare and shameful. There is nothing worse than "prostituting" or selling your soul to the enemy. You may think that things are groovy with all that you may be receiving in return, but sometimes you're giving up something that has more meaning. For instance, your life or even true happiness. In the end it will show what what you have given your life to. Anything done or built with the Devil's hands will be burnt and put to shame. I choose to have God help me on my workings so that He will be well pleased and glorified in the end.
Heavenly Father, I pray that you give me the strength and courage to follow your footsteps. I dare not want to be in lust or intrigued in things that will only lead to sin. I only want to please you and show others a the life that is worth living for. In Jesus Name, AMEN!

1 comment: