Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The God of peace

Today’s Scripture
Daniel 1-2
Revelations 16

Though I didn't receive a clear message in today’s reading, I did receive an overall confirmation that everything I do with the assistance of prayer is going to be a solid decision/action.

My scripture today came from my “verse of the day” from the Bible app You Version. It is Philippians 4:9:  Do what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

This verse is confirming for me why death no longer wears me out emotionally.   I have the God of peace with me now because I have invited Him in through my obedience.  He is telling me that as long as I do what I know to be right according to His word, accept what His word is teaching me, listen and believe the testimony of others, and believe what He has done in my life personally He will be there with the protection of peace. 

This past week I have experienced death twice in my extended family. First, was a woman that was there for me during my pubescent years and she had been ill for quite some time.  The second was a young man in his early 20’s that I watched grow from a toddler.  With both deaths I felt very little sorrow for myself but felt/feeling more empathy for others. I have continuously prayed for God to ease their sorrow while reminding myself that they are with Him now. 

I will continue to follow His lead so that I may be able to lead more of His people to Him.  I am so grateful that His presence is with me through my daily journey and especially when things like the death of a loved one occurs He is there to remove the pain. 

We must always remember that through our obedience He is with us.  He isn’t just present for the good - He is present for the bad.  It is during those “bad” times whether large or small we must praise him for who is He is so that He can show us how much He loves us.  Remember that gentle exhale we feel that makes it go away is the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment