Friday, September 20, 2013

Divine Mentor- No Stone Unturned

Daniel 5-6; Psalm 130; Luke 3

Scripture: Luke 3:31 " the son of..., the son of Nathan, the son of David,"

Observation: Because it was critical that Jesus be of the lineage of King David (for so many reasons), God not only chose Joseph (descended from Solomon, Matt. 1:16) to be His earthly father but also made certain that Mary, His biological mother, was also in that line (through Nathan, 2 Sam. 5:14).

Application: Why is this the verse that speaks to me this morning when there are so many others in this reading--- the faithfulness of Daniel, the beautiful Psalm 130, John the Baptist, even the baptism of Jesus? As I watch the news (which I seldom do) or watch people try to make sense of their lives and the world around them, I cling to the absolute omnipotence of a God who is in total control. It would have been defensible for Jesus to be the legal Son of David (through Joseph, His father) or the natural Son of David (through Mary, His mother) ; however, God leaves no doubt, no stone unturned.

Prayer: Father, thank you for reminding me again today that You are in control and for giving me the confidence that You will leave no stone unturned in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment