Thursday, June 27, 2013

Divine Mentor - Anticipate Victory but Prepare for Battle - Debbie McGrath

Today's reading from Divine Mentor:  
2 Kings 13, 14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3

Scripture that God showed me today:

S:  2 Timothy 3: 1-4

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God..

Observation:  (Paul is writing this to Timothy - At this time, Paul is sitting in a dungeon and Nero is torturing and killing Christians)

When I read this scripture, it can be discouraging.  I always try to be positive - because I do know the end of the story but I do realize there is a battle to fight.  Everyday as I watch the news, it is obvious that Satan is working very hard and doing well!  The above verse, I believe, describes our world today.
We live in a world where people live in the desires of the moment.  People have a sense of entitlement like I have never seen before.  It is also evident, that our world seeks the comfort and promotion of self over God.

Application:  As a Christian, how do I react to this??

I have to stay in the Word of God -saturate my mind daily in the truth. 
(Romans 12:1)

Pray without ceasing. I pray for those who do not know the truth.  I also pray that God will equip me to always stand up for the Kingdom of God.
(2 Thessalonians 5:17)

Teach my child: Yesterday my daughter(23 years) and I discussed the the Supreme Court Ruling on DOMA.  We talked about how this ruling was so against the Will of God. Because she has been raised with the scriptures, she totally agreed.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, I pray that all the days of my life - I will walk in your ways and teach the truth!



No comments:

Post a Comment