Friday, June 21, 2013

Rely on God - Debbie McGrath

Today's reading using the Divine Mentor Plan -
2 Kings 6,7; 2 Chronicles 20; 1 Tim. 3

As I was trying to spend time in the Word today, I realized how Satan prods to clutter our lives with a frenzy of distractions.  I wander how much time I waste looking at Facebook, Pinterest and emails.  I know in my heart - too much time.  Thankfully God has given us a spirit of discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7.

My favorite part of the scripture today came from 2 Chronicles 20.

Jehosphaphat is the king of Judah and as soon as he realizes multiple armies are coming after him - He turns to the Lord.  He tells all of Judah to fast and seek the Lord. I love this - neither did Jehosphaphat or the people complain about the problem, they immediately turned to the Lord and sought His face.
Jehosphaphat had a huge army but did not rely on his own strength - He knew he needed the Lord.  This demonstrates the humility of Jehosphaphat.

After seeking the Lord, God answers them and says - the battle is not yours.  God lets them know he is going to take care of everything.  The people did not doubt this answer, they had faith and believed.  They praised God for the victory before the battle ever started.

I have to ask myself - do I truly trust the Lord to go before me and work everything out?

Do I rely on God or do I do things in my own strength to help Him out?

Jehosphaphat is an example to all of us - seek, believe and praise God before He even answers our prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment