Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Am A Work of Art

Thursday, June 6, 2013
Today's Reading: Ecclesiastes 1-3; Psalm 45; Ephesians 2

Scripture: Eph. 2:10 " For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we would walk in them."

Observation: The word "workmanship" comes from the Greek word "poiema" which means a work of art. We get our word "poem" from this Greek word. Here is what Paul tells us:
1) We are a created work of art in the likeness of Christ Jesus
2) God created us to do good works
3) God preplanned everything we are to do in this life for Him
4) We are to follow this plan

Application: I am a work of art and part of God's plan. This gives me both perfect peace and a great sense of urgency. There is more planned for my life than I am experiencing at the moment, and I don't want to miss out on what God has preplanned for me.  I am now more convicted than ever to spend more time with Him in Scriptures and prayer and more time investing in the lives of others!

Prayer: Dear Father, I don't often see myself as a "work of art." Thank you for that reminder today, and for reminding me that I am not here by accident but am part of Your divine plan to call others to You. Give me opportunities today to do good work for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment