Thursday, June 20, 2013

The One Necessary Thing - Debbie McGrath

THE ONE NECESSARY THING!

How many times have you rushed out of the house thinking-
I can't spend time with God today - I haven't the time.
I have learned over the last few years the more responsibilities I have in my
life, the more I need to keep my center on Christ.

Making a choice to sit at the feet of Jesus requires decisive planning,
purposeful scheduling and willful determination.

At the end of the day, I ask myself - did I give God the best part or the leftovers and scraps of my time??

My mother has also taught me -people do what they want to do.
Everyday we choose where we will invest our time.

Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:33:
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all the things will be given to you as well.

I have learned we are as intimate with God as we choose to be.
The only limitations of God's presence in our lives are the limits we ourselves set.  

Spend time in the Word today - listening and talking with your Savior.
When you spend time with Jesus, you will not get what you expect.
You will receive so much more!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment