Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saved On Purpose For Purpose

Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Today's Reading: Joel 1-3; II Timothy 1

Scripture: II Tim. 1:9 " who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began"

Observation:  Before time even began, God had a plan for each of us. His calling is personal and purposeful.  There was a specific time in my life when God called ME to repentance, and I accepted His free gift of salvation. This was not an accident- God did this on purpose for me; however, not only was I called ON purpose, but God also called me FOR a purpose. Paul is very specific about his own purpose: preacher, apostle, teacher of the Gentiles (v.11). Do I know mine?

Application: How will I be different today having read this Scripture? I have a renewed sense of purpose this morning. I am in a time of waiting for what God has next for me in my life; however, I am reminded that God has a purpose for EVERY day of my life. I want today to matter for God.

Prayer:  Thank you, Father, for today. I ask You to lead me wherever You want me to walk and to give me an increased awareness of people and their need for You in their lives. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment