Monday, June 3, 2013

God's Word is for our instruction!! Debbie McGrath

Today's reading:  
Proverbs 25-27, Romans 15

The readings today in Proverbs were awesome. So much wisdom to gain from in these verses.

The scripture that spoke to me today:

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the scriptures.

Observation:
Paul tells us the Old Testament was written for our learning and to give us hope, patience and comfort in our lives.

Application:
First, I love reading from the Old Testament!!!  When I read from the OT I gain wisdom from all the stories.  I love the fact that the Bible records it all, the good parts as well as the bad.  When I sit down to read, I am able to learn from Abraham, Lot, Moses, Miriam, Aaron, David, Esther, Jonah and the list goes on. The words of God give me wisdom beyond my years.  There is no other book that can give me encouragement and hope like the Word of God.  

Prayer:  Thank you Lord, for the privilege of reading your Word in freedom.
Give me a hunger for Your Word like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment